December 27 2021 to January 05 2022
At PA-CYCLING we can´t stop searching for new exotic destinations for you. This time we present you an incredible itinerary in the ecotourism mecca: Costa Rica. In our 10 days trip we will be riding from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea passing through jungles, cloud forest, volcanoes, waterfalls; all this from our bicycle at the same time that we discover all the exuberant flora and fauna of this country of only 51,000 km2 but which contains 6% of all the biodiversity on the planet.
Our adventure starts pedaling from the mountains of the southwest of Costa Rica´s Central Valley to the Pacific Coast. It will be an excellent way to start our tour, with a nice mix of rural landscapes, jungle and a great beachfront ending.
In the second stage we continue on the Pacific Coast, visiting the “Peñon de Guacalillo” with its famous cliff. After the mandatory stop at the “Crocodiles Bridge” we take our transportation to the Monteverde Cloud Forest, where we will have our first day off. You can use this day doing of the many activities that this beautiful destination have to offer: canopy, handging bridges walks, night walks, among others.
Back on the bike, our third day will be the longest and hardest route of the itinerary; but also one of the most spectacular, we descend from the Monteverde mountains to the shore of Lake Arenal which we will be riding alongside for a few kilometers until we finish our tour at the slopes of the Arenal Volcano. Here we will celebrate the news year eve in a special dinner!
After the celebration we have our second day off in La Fortuna de San Carlos, another destination with lots of activities to choose from.
And with the recharged energies we face the last two bike tours. The first of them descending from the Central Volcanic Cordillera of Costa Rica to the Caribbean plains with its extensive jungles and varied cultivation areas. A
Our bicycle tours will end with a mainly flat coastal route, where we finally reach the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica and we can cool off on the spectacular Manzanillo beach, considered by many to be one of the most beautiful in this country.
One last night of celebration and half a day more on the beach before taking our transport back to San José, where we will take the respective flights to our places of origin.
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 10% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 50% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
There will be no refunds for those who do not show up at the start of the trip or withdraw during the course of the tour.
There will be no refunds for those who are unable to start or complete the tour due to a lack or inaccuracy of personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport).
The traveller understands that some destinations pose more of a risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, socio-political situations and the geography of the region. The traveller acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancellations or delays, strikes, labour issues, power failures, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other (hereinafter called “Force Majeure Event”) are not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling and may hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveller’s ability to make or complete the trip. The traveller acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to the traveller for any delay or cancellation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. The traveler is neither entitled to a refund nor any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
In the event that you are unable to fly due to COVID 19 restrictions because of a declared state of emergency, PA Cycling, SL, guarantees:
RETURN OF QUOTE* (Except for expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation of the trip)
QUOTA FREEZE UNTIL NEXT DEPARTURE*.
FEE FREEZE UNTIL THE DEPARTURE OF ANY OTHER TRIP ORGANISED BY PA-CYCLING, SL*.
* The above conditions ARE NOT VALID in the case of a positive individual.
Included + Not Included
THE PRICE INCLUDE
- Two PA-Cyclism guides riding with the group.
- Welcome dinner.
- 6 bicycle routes according to itinerary.
- 9 nights accommodation in double rooms in the above mentioned hotels or similar.
- Transfers to and from the airport.
- Assembly of the bicycles and packing at the end of the itinerary.
- All internal transfers in luxury minibus with AC.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners. (some breakfasts and lunches could be taken on the road or during transfers for logistical and itinerary reasons).
- Support vehicle/Broom.
- Mechanic on the course.
- Assistance stations with moisturizer, water, snacks, fruits, soft drinks, etc.
- Luggage transfer.
- Rafting on the Sarapiqui River.
- Entrance to the Monteverde Reserve.
- Visit to Tenorio National Park and Rio Celeste (free day in La Fortuna).
- Complimentary beers at the end of the bike ride.
- Group travel insurance.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Flight ticket and overbaggage.
- Extra services and activities.
- Extra cost in case of logistic changes.
- Everything not present in “The price include”
- DatesDecember 27 2021 to January 05 2022
- Duration10 days
- Length350 km
- Elevation2.350 m
- Price2.350 €