22 – 30 July 2023
There is a region of Spain so dramatic and striking, its lands could easily be mistaken for those of the iconic, majestic US National Parks. Yet unlike the natural American wonders, these Spanish landscapes, surrounded by the earth-tone hues of the Montes Universales all the way south to the source of the emerald-green Tajo River, can be easily reached without having to take an intercontinental flight. As a matter of fact, getting there only takes an hour and a half from Italy.
In addition to the medieval history, evident in the 12th century castles of Zafra (as seen in Game of Thrones) and Peracense, there’s the incomparably amazing Spanish cuisine—all overlooked by the village of Albarracín, considered a national monument, winner of a Gold Medal of Merit for Fine Arts and a candidate for UNESCO World Heritage status.
We discovered all this thanks to the genius of Ernesto Pastor, creator and founder of the Montañas Vacías bikepacking route. Anyone who meets Ernesto soon knows that his philosophy towards adventure is truly superlative, almost heroic, as he invites everyone to visit these lands and experience something great, in whatever form suits them best.
With Ernesto’s blessing, we want to propose an adventure along part of his 700 km route: an unbeatable bikepacking experience with a knowledgeable guide, good food and a fine roof over your head every night.
Of course, for this expedition to be truly successful, it is absolutely necessary to create a strong team spirit amongst all our travelers. No rider will ever be left alone or find themselves individually facing difficulty for any reason. It will be the responsibility not only of the guides, but also of the individual participants to help problem solve throughout the duration of the trip, working together to make the most of our adventure as a team. It will be an unforgettable experience and journey, but also a unique opportunity to educate ourselves on group consciousness and the ability to share—be it joy, fatigue, planning, organization, coordination, defeat or success.
And in this case, success will not be defined as arriving at the final destination but having set off and having done our best to arrive all together.
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 10% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 60% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
No refunds for those who will not show at the start or withdraw during the course of the tour. No refunds for those who could not make the tour due to lack or inaccuracy of the personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport). Traveler understands that some destinations pose more risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, political conditions and the geography of the region. Traveler acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancelations or delays, strikes, labor troubles, failure of power, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other reason of a like nature not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling (hereinafter “Force Majeure Event”) can hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveler’s ability to make or complete the trip.
Traveler acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to Traveler for any delay or cancelation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. Traveler shall not be entitled to a refund or any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
In the event that you are unable to fly due to COVID 19 restrictions because of a declared state of emergency, PA Cycling, SL, guarantees:
RETURN OF QUOTE* (Except for expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation of the trip)
QUOTA FREEZE UNTIL NEXT DEPARTURE*.
FEE FREEZE UNTIL THE DEPARTURE OF ANY OTHER TRIP ORGANISED BY PA-CYCLING, SL*.
* The above conditions ARE NOT VALID in the case of a positive individual.
Included + Non Included
The price includes
– Bike guides from PA Cycling (specific number of guides depends on the number of participants)
– 2 nights’ stay in a Hotel in Teruel (breakfast and welcome/reception dinner included)
– All hotels/hostels during all 6 stages
– All dinners and breakfasts during the 6 stages
– All lunches/snacks during all stages
– Travel insurance coverage
The price does not include
– Return airfare and baggage fees, bike equipment
– Lunches in Teruel or where not expressly specified
– Excursions, extra activities
– Additional costs in case of logistical changes (extra transfers etc.)
– Anything not included in “The price includes” section.
- Dates22 - 30 july 2023
- Duration9 days
- Length412 km
- Elevation9130 m
- Price1450 €