01-19 December 2021
Finally, after several years, we return to Patagonia along the Carretera Austral with a breathtaking Argentinean variation. And once again we will be bikepacking, without support vehicles but with the security of travelling accompanied by expert guides with twenty years’ experience on these trails.
Once we reach Balmaceda, in Chile, and after setting up our bikes and shopping for food, we will head south for about 800 km (including navigation) in 11 stages with a rest day at the foot of the majestic Fitz Roy in El Chalten. We start cycling on 4 December to reach El Calafate on 16 December and visit the hypnotic Perito Moreno glacier the next day.
Epic Patagonian gravel and its magnificant trails await us.
“As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death”
— Leonardo da Vinci.
The Carretera Austral is there to be lived. Let’s go together and live well!
Andrea would have liked all this!!!
For the success of this expedition and the safty of all participance the creation of a strong team is absolutely imparative. No one will be left bihind or in difficulty for any reason. It will be the responsibility of not only the guides, but also of each team member (participants) to help solve any and all kinds of problems that arise during the trip. It will not only be an unforgettable journey, but also a unique opportunity to experience selfeducation in group consciousness, to share joy in fatigue, planning, organisation, coordination, defeats as well as in successes.
Success will not be the arrival at the final destination, but through the journey. and knowing we have done our best to arrive, together.
Why Patagonia via La Carretera Austral? Because Patagonia is not only Argentina it starts much further north than anyone imagines. More over La Carretera Austral remains a land full of great adventure and wonder.
This is why we at PAC are always hungry to return for more!
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 10% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 50% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
There will be no refunds for those who do not show up at the start of the trip or withdraw during the course of the tour.
There will be no refunds for those who are unable to start or complete the tour due to a lack or inaccuracy of personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport).
The traveller understands that some destinations pose more of a risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, socio-political situations and the geography of the region. The traveller acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancellations or delays, strikes, labour issues, power failures, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other (hereinafter called “Force Majeure Event”) are not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling and may hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveller’s ability to make or complete the trip. The traveller acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to the traveller for any delay or cancellation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. The traveler is neither entitled to a refund nor any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
In the event that you are unable to fly due to COVID 19 restrictions because of a declared state of emergency, PA Cycling, SL, guarantees:
RETURN OF QUOTE* (Except for expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation of the trip)
QUOTA FREEZE UNTIL NEXT DEPARTURE*.
FEE FREEZE UNTIL THE DEPARTURE OF ANY OTHER TRIP ORGANISED BY PA-CYCLING, SL*.
* The above conditions ARE NOT VALID in the case of a positive individual.
Included + Not Included
The price includes
- Bike guides from PA Cycling depending on the number of participants
- Transfer from Balmaceda airport to our Hotel in Coyhaique on 2 December 2021
- 2 nights stay in Hotel in Coyhaique (breakfast and welcome dinner included)
- Camping stage 1 and asado al palo included
- Chile-Chico/Los Antiguos
- Camping and dinner in Chile-Chico
- Hostal in Cochrane (breakfast and dinner included)
- Camping El Risquero included
- Lake Yungay
- Hostal in Villa O’Higgins (breakfast and dinner included)
- Villa O’Higgins/Candelario Mancilla
- Glacier O’Higgins
- Camping Candelario Mancilla included
- Laguna del Desierto
- Two nights in a Hostal in El Chalten
- Transfer El Chalten – El Calafate
- Two nights in a Hostal in El Calafate
- Visit Perito Moreno
- El Calafate airport transfer on 18 December 2021
- Travel insurance coverag
The price does not include
- Airfare to/from El Calafate and overbaggage, bike supplement
- Lunches and dinners in Coyhaique, El Chalten, El Calafate or where not expressly specified
- Food during bike days except where specified
- Excursions, extra activities
- Additional cost in case of logistic changes (extra transfers etc.)
- Anything not listed in “The price includes” section
- Dates01-19 December 2021
- Duration19 days
- Length800 km
- Elevation10.000 m
- Price2.150 €