October 23 to November 07, 2021
After the first bikepacking group experience in Patagonia we decide to return in Chile and to cross the Atacama Desert. This is a very special place for us, here in 2001 was born the idea of what we are today as a bike travel agency.
Chile with its geographic diversity, gives us a good opportunity to visit places like Los Andes, Atacama Desert, the altiplane’s lakesand also ancient cultures like Atacamaña, Aymaras or the Mapuches.
The Atacama Desert is the driest in the world, being protected from humidity on both sides by big mountain ranges, as the Andes along the interior and the Coastal Range towards the Pacific Ocean.
Hundreds of years ago, ancestor’s caravans went through the Atacama desert, looking for new lands to explore.
Now it’s our turn.
We will travel through this territory with our bikes to enjoy the beauty of its geologic creations and natural phenomenon. We will ride about 700 km starting at the sea level and gradually reaching 4.000 mt to get a final altitude of 4.500.
We will gain altitude progressively to allow ourselves a perfect acclimatization. We will camp in the middle of nowhere or in the small villages that we will find along the way.
Please read carefully.
For everything to go according to plan it is very important that a great team spirit is established among all participants. No one will be left alone or in situations that involve danger. The responsibility to solve the problems that arise during the trip is not restricted only to the guides, but we expect each participant to be involved in solving them. It will be an unforgettable trip and a great opportunity to work in a group and to learn to share, whether it be fun, effort, planning, organization, coordination, defeats and successes. And success is not just getting to our final destination, it is starting the journey and doing our best to get there together.
Before the departure date we will organize a virtual meeting where we will explain the trip and what kind of equipment our guides will take.
If for logistical reasons you cannot make it to the meeting, we will contact you via e-mail and you can ask us any questions you may have. A selection will be made among all the people who want to participate, in order to form as homogeneous a group as possible. If you are not selected for this edition, we will let you know when a group with the same characteristics is being formed. To help us make this selection we have prepared a form that you can find at the end of the trip’s technical sheet. Fill it out and send it to us before you register.
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 10% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 50% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
There will be no refunds for those who do not show up at the start of the trip or withdraw during the course of the tour.
There will be no refunds for those who are unable to start or complete the tour due to a lack or inaccuracy of personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport).
The traveller understands that some destinations pose more of a risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, socio-political situations and the geography of the region. The traveller acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancellations or delays, strikes, labour issues, power failures, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other (hereinafter called “Force Majeure Event”) are not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling and may hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveller’s ability to make or complete the trip. The traveller acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to the traveller for any delay or cancellation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. The traveler is neither entitled to a refund nor any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
In the event that you are unable to fly due to COVID 19 restrictions because of a declared state of emergency, PA Cycling, SL, guarantees:
RETURN OF QUOTE* (Except for expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation of the trip)
QUOTA FREEZE UNTIL NEXT DEPARTURE*.
FEE FREEZE UNTIL THE DEPARTURE OF ANY OTHER TRIP ORGANISED BY PA-CYCLING, SL*.
* The above conditions ARE NOT VALID in the case of a positive individual.
Included + Not Included
- PA-Cyclism guides riding with the group, depending upon the number of participants.
- 2 Nights in hotel at Antofagasta 13-14 October.
- 2 Nights in hotel at Peine plus breakfast and dinner.
- 2 Nights in hotel at Socaire plus breakfast and dinner.
- 1 Night in hotel at Toconao.
- Entrance tickets per Natural Parks – Laguna Miñique y Miscanti and Valle de la Luna.
- 2 Nights in hotel at San Pedro de Atacama.
- Group travel insurance.
- Arrival transfer from Antofagasta´s airport 13 October 2019.
- Departure transfer to Calama´s airport 26 October 2019.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Flight ticket and overbaggage.
- Lunch and dinner at Antofagasta and San Pedro de Atacama.
- Lunch at Peine and Socaire.
- Additional cost in case of logistic modification (transfers and nights under extra roof, etc.)
- Everything not present in “The price include”.
- DatesOctober 23 to November 07, 2021
- Duration16 days
- Length700 km
- Elevation10.000 m
- Price1.790 €