01-09 October 2022
Andalusia, the land of great civilisations. Frontier of many wars. Cradle of cultures that have changed the history of the world. Al-Ándalus, or Land of Venús in Arabic, remains a fascinating territory where a bicycle trip quickly becomes an adventure. It’s where deserts meet high mountains and fertile valleys, large cities and small towns stay rooted in the land and history—where the hospitality of its people, the diversity of its cuisine and the infinite number of historical buildings make our journey an unforgettable and always-surprising experience.
Before we start cycling, we will enjoy a day in Granada, visiting the magical gardens of the Alhambra.
We will set out from the beautiful city of Granada, where the Alhambra is located, crossing two deserts: the Gorafe and Tabernas, with the final two stops by the beautiful Mediterranean Sea!
The Gorafe desert is a natural paradise that is still almost unknown, with an intricate network of ravines through its famous ‘calanques’ and surprisingly abundant fauna and flora.
The Tabernas Desert is famous for being the ultimate setting for most of Western films of the last century. Practically all productions of the so-called “Spaghetti Westerns” were filmed here.
Finally, we will cross the Sierra Nevada, Baza and the Sierra Alhamilla to reach the coast and cycle through the paradisiacal Cabo de Gata to finish in the seaside city of Almería.
It is a journey of great contrasts that crosses an area that helped birth a historic union between differing peoples and cultures.
During each stage, we will carry on the bike what we need for the day: some clothes, spares, a few snacks… the rest (our travel suitcase) will be waiting for us when we arrive at our destination.
Throughout our adventure, we will sleep in big and modern hotels, in small hostels by the sea, in a comfortable rural house and even in an incredible cave-house.
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 10% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 60% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
No refunds for those who will not show at the start or withdraw during the course of the tour. No refunds for those who could not make the tour due to lack or inaccuracy of the personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport). Traveler understands that some destinations pose more risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, political conditions and the geography of the region. Traveler acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancelations or delays, strikes, labor troubles, failure of power, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other reason of a like nature not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling (hereinafter “Force Majeure Event”) can hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveler’s ability to make or complete the trip.
Traveler acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to Traveler for any delay or cancelation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. Traveler shall not be entitled to a refund or any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
In the event that you are unable to fly due to COVID 19 restrictions because of a declared state of emergency, PA Cycling, SL, guarantees:
RETURN OF QUOTE* (Except for expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation of the trip)
QUOTA FREEZE UNTIL NEXT DEPARTURE*.
FEE FREEZE UNTIL THE DEPARTURE OF ANY OTHER TRIP ORGANISED BY PA-CYCLING, SL*.
* The above conditions ARE NOT VALID in the case of a positive individual.
Included + Non Included
The price includes
– Bike guides from PA Cycling (specific number of guides depends on the number of participants)
– Transfer Malaga-Granada ed Almeria-Malaga
– 1 night stay in a hotel in Granada and welcome dinner.
– 1 night stay in a hotel in Almeria and goodbye dinner.
– Luggage transfer between lodgings.
– All hotels/hostels during all 6 stages
– All dinners and breakfasts during the 6 stages
– Lunches during the stages and in Granada/Almeria.
– Travel insurance coverage
The price does not include
– Return airfare and baggage fees, bike equipment
– Excursions, extra activities
– Additional costs in case of logistical changes (extra transfers etc.)
– Anything not included in “The price includes” section.
- Dates01-09 October 2022
- Duration9 days
- Length420 km
- Elevation6500 m
- Price1.950 €