07-23 December 2021 – SOLD OUT!
12-28 January 2022 – PLACES ARE AVAILABLE
On this bikepacking expedition we will discover the southern region of Patagonia, between Chile and Argentina. Patagonia … just the name makes us daydreaming. For those who love adventure is THE PLACE for excellence, to visit at least once in their lifetime. By the legendary tales of Italian mountaineers that, in the golden years of climbing, flew out here to try to break mythical peaks like Cerro Torre and Fitz Roy, to the most recent years, when it became the mecca of all bikepackers of the world. We will land in El Calafate, where we will have the chance to enjoy the majesty of the Perito Moreno Glacier. Then our cycling adventure will begin: we will ride 3 days into the Torres de Paine National Park. We will then continue south, to meet the Pacific Ocean in Puerto Natales. From here a fast transfer to Punta Arenas, where after crossing the Strait of Magellan we will start the second half of our adventure: 6 stages through the Isla Grande of the Tierra del Fuego to finally reach the southern city in the world: Ushauia. There will be a rough time schedule. It will not always be possible to respect it, because of contingencies that we will meet along the way (mechanical problems, bad weather, etc.). We will decide from time to time whether to force to reach the scheduled end of the stage, or to set up the camp and sleep elsewhere. We definitely expect long days in the saddle; we will not always have the chance to wash ourself or take a hearty breakfast in the morning, but this is all part of the idea behind this trip: the ability to adapt to situations that we will encounter kilometer after kilometer. Please read carefully. For everything to go according to plan it is very important that a great team spirit is established among all participants. No one will be left alone or in situations that involve danger. The responsibility to solve the problems that arise during the trip is not restricted only to the guides, but we expect each participant to be involved in solving them. It will be an unforgettable trip and a great opportunity to work in a group and to learn to share, whether it be fun, effort, planning, organization, coordination, defeats and successes. And success is not just getting to our final destination, it is starting the journey and doing our best to get there together. Before the departure date we will organize a virtual meeting where we will explain the trip and what kind of equipment our guides will take. If for logistical reasons you cannot make it to the meeting, we will contact you via e-mail and you can ask us any questions you may have. A selection will be made among all the people who want to participate, in order to form as homogeneous a group as possible. If you are not selected for this edition, we will let you know when a group with the same characteristics is being formed. To help us make this selection we have prepared a form that you can find at the end of the trip’s technical sheet. Fill it out and send it to us before you register.
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 10% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 50% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
There will be no refunds for those who do not show up at the start of the trip or withdraw during the course of the tour.
There will be no refunds for those who are unable to start or complete the tour due to a lack or inaccuracy of personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport).
The traveller understands that some destinations pose more of a risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, socio-political situations and the geography of the region. The traveller acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancellations or delays, strikes, labour issues, power failures, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other (hereinafter called “Force Majeure Event”) are not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling and may hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveller’s ability to make or complete the trip. The traveller acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to the traveller for any delay or cancellation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. The traveler is neither entitled to a refund nor any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
In the event that you are unable to fly due to COVID 19 restrictions because of a declared state of emergency, PA Cycling, SL, guarantees:
RETURN OF QUOTE* (Except for expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation of the trip)
QUOTA FREEZE UNTIL NEXT DEPARTURE*.
FEE FREEZE UNTIL THE DEPARTURE OF ANY OTHER TRIP ORGANISED BY PA-CYCLING, SL*.
* The above conditions ARE NOT VALID in the case of a positive individual.
Included + Not Included
- Two PA-Cycling guides riding with the group.
- 2 Overnight in Hostel in El Calafate (Breakfast included).
- Entrance and guided visit to Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Entrance to Torres del Paine National Park.
- Stage overnight in Estancia 2.
- Stage overnight in campsite 3 – 4 – 7.
- Bus transfer from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas.
- Ferry crossing Punta Arenas – Porvenir.
- 1 overnight in Hostel in Punta Arenas, Rio Grande, and Ushuaia.
- Group travel insurance.
- Trip Gadget.
- Arrival airport transfer in El Calafate.
- Departure airport transfer in Ushuaia.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Flight ticket and over baggage.
- Lunch and dinner in El Calafate and Ushuaia.
- Food during the bike tour.
- Extra services and activities.
- The extra cost in case of logistic changes (bus transfer, extra hotel nights).
- Everything not present in “The price includes”.
- Dates07-23 December 2021 / 12-28 January 2022
- Duration16 days
- Length1.000 km
- Elevation10.000 m
- Price1.950 €