6 – 22 December 2024
Argentina and its Calchaquíes Valleys in the province of Salta.
Argentina and its high altitude wine lands in the lands of Cafayate.
“Northern Argentina” is a trip that will transport us to one of the most autochthonous areas and that best preserves the culture and traditions of all Argentina. We will go from the dry and arid lands of the Salta area to the humid territories of Paso de la cornisa which will make us feel that we are pedaling in a tropical forest on our way to San Salvador de JUJUY. We will also go up the famous “Quebrada de Humahuaca”, a cultural heritage of humanity while we adapt to the altitude for the most demanding and beautiful part of the route.
Known as “La cuesta del Lipan”, and after resting in one of the most authentic towns in the area, Purmamarca, we will face the first big climb of the trip to reach a place with a unique landscape, “Las salinas grandes”.
National Route 40 is an icon in Argentina that runs from North to South the Andes mountain range throughout the country. With its more than 5,200 km and a pass known as “El abra del Acay” at 4895m, it is one of the most famous routes in the world that thousands of people come to travel every year.
The section of National Route 40 that joins Salinas Grandes with Cafayate is one of the most emblematic sections of the entire route and that still preserves all the essence from its Andean culture and its complicated routes. It is a route in which adventure and the most impressive landscapes are guaranteed.
In Cafayate, and after passing through the Quebrada de las flechas, we will have a day Off to visit a wine cellar and delight ourselves with its high-altitude wines and gastronomy of the area.
“Argentina Norte” is one of the trips with the greatest diversity of landscapes in our entire repertoire. We will pass through arid areas, humid forests, salt flats and high altitude areas.
For the last two stages we reserve surprises, because each and every one of the stages of this trip come with unforgettable views and experiences.
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 40% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 50% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
There will be no refunds for those who do not show up at the start of the trip or withdraw during the course of the tour.
There will be no refunds for those who are unable to start or complete the tour due to a lack or inaccuracy of personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport).
The traveller understands that some destinations pose more of a risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, socio-political situations and the geography of the region. The traveller acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancellations or delays, strikes, labour issues, power failures, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other (hereinafter called “Force Majeure Event”) are not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling and may hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveller’s ability to make or complete the trip. The traveller acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to the traveller for any delay or cancellation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. The traveler is neither entitled to a refund nor any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
Included + Not Included
The price includes
- Bike guides from PA Cycling according to the number of participants
- Visit to “El tren de las nubes” in San Antonio de los cobres
- Visit to wine cellar in Cafayate + Barbecue
- Professional photography
- Support vehicle
- All nights included
- Welcome kit
- Group travel insurance
- Welcome dinner & Bye bye dinner
- All dinners
- Airport transfer on arrival to Salta (if arrival on the scheduled day)
- Airport transfer on departure day in Salta (if departure on the scheduled day)
The price does not include
- Airfare and baggage fees, bike equipment
- Lunches and dinner where not expressly specified
- Food during bike days except where specified
- Excursions, extra activities
- Additional costs in case of logistic changes (extra transfers etc.)
- Anything not listed in “The price includes” section
- Dates6 - 22 December 2024
- Duration16 days
- Length737 km
- Elevation7950 m
- Price3600 €