From 22 January to 7 February 2024
On this bikepacking expedition we will discover the southern region of Patagonia between Chile and Argentina.
Patagonia…the name alone makes us daydream. For those who love adventure, Patagonia is the place every bike traveler must visit at least once in their lifetime. From the legendary tales of Italian mountaineers who, during the golden years of climbing, ventured there to challenge mythical peaks like Cerro Torre and Fitz Roy, to recent years as Patagonia has become a mecca for bikepackers the world over, there’s always been something alluring about this rugged adventure capital.
Flying into El Calafate, our trip opens with the opportunity to enjoy the majesty of the Perito Moreno Glacier. Then our cycling adventure begins with a three-day ride into the Torres de Paine National Park.
Then, we will continue south to meet the Pacific Ocean in Puerto Natales. From here, we’ll catch a fast transfer to Punta Arenas where, after crossing the Strait of Magellan, we will start the second half of our adventure: six stages through the Isla Grande of the Tierra del Fuego to finally reach the southernmost city on Earth: Ushauia.
We will follow a rough time itinerary, but Patagonia is unpredictable, and it will not always be possible to respect it. Because of contingencies that we will meet along the way (mechanical problems, bad weather, etc.) we will decide from time to time whether to push to reach the scheduled end of the stage or to set up the camp and sleep elsewhere. We definitely expect long days in the saddle; we will not always have the chance to bathe or enjoy a hearty breakfast in the morning, but this is all part of the trip: the ability to adapt to situations as we encounter them, kilometer after kilometer.
Please read carefully
Of course, for this expedition to be truly successful, it is absolutely necessary to create a strong team spirit amongst all our travelers. No rider will ever be left alone or find themselves individually facing difficulty for any reason. It will be the responsibility not only of the guides, but also of the individual participants to help problem solve throughout the duration of the trip, working together to make the most of our adventure as a team. It will be an unforgettable cycling experience and journey, but also a unique opportunity to educate ourselves on group consciousness and the ability to share—be it joy, fatigue, planning, organization, coordination, defeat or success.
And in this case, success will not be defined as arriving at the final destination but setting off and doing our best to arrive all together.
Before the departure date, we will organize a virtual meeting where we will explain the trip and what kind of equipment our guides will take.
If, for logistical reasons you cannot make it to the meeting, we will contact you via e-mail and you can ask us any questions you may have. A rider list will be made from all the people who want to participate in order to form as homogeneous a group as possible. If you are not selected for this edition, we will notify you when a group with similar characteristics is being formed.
To help us make this selection, we have prepared a short questionnaire, located at the end of this trip’s technical sheet. Fill it out and send it to us before you register.
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 40% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 50% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
There will be no refunds for those who do not show up at the start of the trip or withdraw during the course of the tour.
There will be no refunds for those who are unable to start or complete the tour due to a lack or inaccuracy of personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport).
The traveller understands that some destinations pose more of a risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, socio-political situations and the geography of the region. The traveller acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancellations or delays, strikes, labour issues, power failures, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other (hereinafter called “Force Majeure Event”) are not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling and may hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveller’s ability to make or complete the trip. The traveller acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to the traveller for any delay or cancellation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. The traveler is neither entitled to a refund nor any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
THE PRICE INCLUDE
- PA Cycling guides depending on the number of participants
- 2 nights of hostel accommodation in El Calafate (including Breakfast)
- Entrance and guided tour of the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Entrance to the Torres del Paine National Park
- Stage nights: 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 7 – 8 – 10
- Bus transfer from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas
- Ferry crossing from Punta Arenas to Porvenir
- Group travel insurance (please note however that you will also need your own personal
- Airport transfer on arrival in El Calafate
- Airport transfer to departure airport of Ushuaia
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Biglietto aereo A/R e overbaggage, supplemento per bici
- Lunch and dinner in El Calafate, Punta Arenas, Rio Grande, Tolohuin e Ushuaia or where not expressly specified
- Food during the cycling days
- Any extra services or activities
- Additional costs in case of logistical changes (extra transfers etc.)
- Anything not listed in ‘The price includes’ section
- DatesFrom 22 January to 7 February 2024
- Duration16 giorni
- Length1.000 km
- Elevation10.000 m
- Price2450 €