09 – 24 September 2023
Yokoso! Japan welcomes you for an amazing tour! From the ancient capital of Kyoto through the heart of the Land of the Rising Sun, riding beside the cliffs of Tojinbo, wandering ancient forests, bathing in natural volcanic onsen, climbing the Japanese Alps to the Castles in Nagano and cycling around the mighty Mt Fuji to the modern capital of Tokyo—it’s all waiting for you in Japan.
Enjoy a unique bikepacking adventure unlike any other on earth. Japan is mystical and rich with culture and natural beauty, and with 70% of its landmass completely uninhabited, the best kept secret is Japan’s amazing combination of accessibility and wild, off-grid living. You are never too far from society or solitude and serenity.
Of course, for this expedition to be truly successful, it is absolutely necessary to create a strong team spirit amongst all our travelers. No rider will ever be left alone or find themselves individually facing difficulty for any reason. It will be the responsibility not only of the guides, but also of the individual participants to help problem solve throughout the duration of the trip, working together to make the most of our adventure as a team. It will be an unforgettable cycling experience and journey, but also a unique opportunity to educate ourselves on group consciousness and the ability to share—be it joy, fatigue, planning, organization, coordination, defeat or success.
“In the autumn night Breaking into A pleasant chat” —Matsuo Basho
And in this case, success will not be defined as arriving at the final destination but setting off and doing our best to arrive all together.
Refund and cancellation
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Project Adventure Cycling.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
– Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 10% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 50% of the total cost of the trip.
– Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip.
– After this date no refund will be given.
There will be no refunds for those who do not show up at the start of the trip or withdraw during the course of the tour.
There will be no refunds for those who are unable to start or complete the tour due to a lack or inaccuracy of personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport).
The traveller understands that some destinations pose more of a risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, socio-political situations and the geography of the region. The traveller acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancellations or delays, strikes, labour issues, power failures, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other (hereinafter called “Force Majeure Event”) are not the fault of Project Adventure Cycling and may hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveller’s ability to make or complete the trip. The traveller acknowledges that the Project Adventure Cycling shall not be liable to the traveller for any delay or cancellation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. The traveler is neither entitled to a refund nor any other payment for damages from the Project Adventure Cycling in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
In the event that you are unable to fly due to COVID 19 restrictions because of a declared state of emergency, PA Cycling, SL, guarantees:
RETURN OF QUOTE* (Except for expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation of the trip)
QUOTA FREEZE UNTIL NEXT DEPARTURE*.
FEE FREEZE UNTIL THE DEPARTURE OF ANY OTHER TRIP ORGANISED BY PA-CYCLING, SL*.
* The above conditions ARE NOT VALID in the case of a positive individual.
Included + Not Included
The price includes
- Bike guides from PA Cycling (specific number of guides depends on the number of participants)
- Transfer from Kyoto airport to our Hotel
- 2 night’s stay in Hotel in Kyoto (breakfast and welcome dinner included)
- All Overnights in onsen or Eco Villages or Camping
- Dinner on stages 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8
- Two nights in the Fujiyama District
- Transfer to the Tokyo Airport
- Travel insurance coverage
The price does not include
- Airfare and baggage fees, bike equipment
- Lunches and dinner where not expressly specified
- Food during bike days except where specified
- Excursions, extra activities
- Additional costs in case of logistic changes (extra transfers etc.)
- Anything not listed in “The price includes” section
- Dates09 - 24 September 2023
- Duration16 days
- Length930 km
- Elevation8.000 m
- Price2.650 €